Makis Papadimitriou was born in Athens. He studied physics at the University of Athens and acting at the drama school of the National Theatre of Greece. He is awarded with an audience prize for his performance in Martin MacDonah’s The Lieutenant of Inishmore (2003-2004) and with the Greek Theater Critics’ prize for his performance in the role of autistic Lee in Simon Stephen’s Motortown (2007-2008). He was also a nominee for Best Young Actor in 2007, and winner of the same prize (Dimitris Horn prize) the following year (2008). His theatre credits include productions of The Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Roberto Zucco, Marat Sade, Lyssistrata, Cock, The Author, Her Wedding Letter, etc.
In cinema, he participated in many feature and short films, most notably Charisma by Christina Ioakimidi (nominated for the Hellenic Film Academy Award for Best Actor), L by Babis Makridis, Chelsea-Barcelona by Alexandros Chantzis (short), and Runaway Day by Dimitris Bavellas. He will next be seen in Athina Rachel Tsangari’s Chevalier and Argyris Papadimitropoulos’ Suntan (in post-production).
He loves computers, motorcycles and the Rubik’s Cube.
- Suntan by Argyris Papadimitropoulos
- Chevalier by Athina Rachel Tsangari
- A Blast by Syllas Tzoumerkas
- I Kori tou Rembrandt by Nikos Panagiotopoulos
- Runaway Day by Dimitris Bavellas
- L by Babis Makridis
- Unfair World by Filippos Tsitos
- Harisma by Christina Ioakimidi
- Parees by Sotiris Goritsas
- Ores Kinis Isihias by Katerina Evagelakou
- I gynaika einai skliros anthrwopos by Antonis Kafetzopoulos